January 22, 2014

Well, we always knew I was dramatic


So the happy news is I got cast in the play I auditioned for. I'm not the murderer - that went to a woman who has been a part of this theater group for ages. (And whom I didn't actually get to see, because she came early to last night's audition and then had to leave early, while I went later just to do any final reads and find out the results of the casting). But I trust she's good.

I'm cast as Laura - one of the mystery writers. Not a huge part, but a part, nonetheless. Something I learned was actually kind of cool, because I saw at least 20 people get asked to leave without parts last night - and that wasn't the additional people I didn't see who were asked earlier in the night.

The sweetest part is that when he announced I was going to play Laura, everyone clapped for me. (They knew it was my first ever role). It seems like a really nice group of people.

And even cuter was C-man when I arrived home. He was waiting up, and before I could even get out of the car, had the door to the garage open and was shouting, "Did you get the part!?" So, so, so cute.

New Years Resolution #1 - Check!

P.S. Showings are April 4 - 5, 11 - 12. Mark your calendars!

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Congratulations!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!