July 20, 2008

How do I get those 2 hours of my life back?

C-man got invited to a friend's birthday party. And they never served the adults. Not.Anything. We were in the disgusting humidity during the hottest 2 hours of the day. There was no food. No water. No soda. No nothing. Well, there were 2 dads there, and they both got offered beers. But the moms - nothing. The kids got some food and juice, but not even water or milk. Then they had the 3 year old girl open her presents at the end of the party. In case you didn't catch that, it was a party of 3 year olds... and she was opening her gifts in front of them while they were expected to sit on a blanket in front of her. Who out there thinks THAT is a good idea? If it hadn't been in the exact middle of the day, I wouldn't have resented it so much... but wow! So I raced home, starving, ornery and hot. Thank God I'm over it now.

No comments: