July 23, 2008

Reactions

So it's funny how people react to things. It never fails... when someone dies, someone gets certifiable crazy at the funeral. When there's a wedding, someone has to act up to steal the show. And I've just learned that when you get promoted, you learn quite a bit about those around you. While some are truly and genuinely happy (like Beerman who declared "first one to 100 wins!"), some get jealous. Since I hadn't counted on the promotion actually coming through, I wasn't prepared for it. And now that it's here, I have a lot of feelings from other people to deal with. It has taught me, once again, the importance of grace regardless of the situation. But on the amazing side, it's also shown me who is on my side. Always a good thing to know. ****************** I have personal training tonight. It's always interesting to see the amazing ways Trainer Chris has devised since the previous week how to torture me. ****************** My hair was such a wreck, I called and made an appointment with a random woman yesterday. Wow, do I feel better now!

No comments: