July 17, 2008

Favorite Things

Wrinkle Eraser On a whim during a day that I was looking particularly sleep-deprived and haggard (yes, even more than my usual self), I bought this. I had an $8 coupon, so justified it with that. And I've got to say, as long as you don't mind the thick feel of it, or rub after you've applied it (because I might have discovered that makes you look like you're molting), it does the trick pretty well. It plumps up the ol' wrinkles without all the Botox needles or orangeness. And at night, you just wash it all away. Brilliant. ******************** Blog For those foodies out there, this is one of my favorite food blogs. Yes, he's talking about food in Paris, but he makes it sound so perfect, I feel like I want to go. ******************** Joke My favorite joke of the day, courtesy of the Borowitz Report: A Christian, a Jew and Barack Obama are in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean. Barack Obama says, "This joke isn't going to work because there's no Muslim in this boat." ******************** Book The Alchemist is one of my all-time favorite books. It was given to me as a going-away gift from a good friend when I left my year as an exchange student, and I read it on the plane ride home. I've since read it in English too, and it translates pretty well. (Although not perfectly. Then again does anything ever?) Coelho is a Brazilian, and I actually got to meet him once. Funny, since at the time, I had no idea he was a complete literary genius, and just thought he was one more crackpot coming to speak at my school. Ahhh, young foolishness. ******************** TV Show(s) I'm completely addicted to So You Think You Can Dance! It's way better than those other call-in shows. And the best part is that C-man loves it when Nigel speaks. Although, I was pained that they allowed Comfort to come back because Jessica was hurt. Then again, the hip-hop routine with Twitch was pretty cool. Not that any of it matters. Will's a shoe-in to win it all. PS, I'm also a Mole addict, much to Beerman's chagrin. The fat guy is TOTALLY the mole. Either that, or the woman. But my money's on Fattie. ******************** Something to do with your life How awesome is this guy! http://www.vimeo.com/1211060

No comments: