July 25, 2008

Amber Stick Alert

Here's my public service message of the day. If you have children, buy an Amber Stick.

It's a simple USB flash drive that costs around $30. (It can be as high as $60, but shop around). It houses the Amber Alert program with space for you to input all the specific data and photos in the order and format the police need it if your kid went missing. You can put children, adults, and even pets on it.

So why would someone do this? Because if something horrible were to happen, they estimate this little doohickey gets the search out 2 hours faster than if you didn't have it. I'm not an overly paranoid parent, but every time I see the Amber Alert warnings on the electronic highway boards, my stomach rises into my throat and my heart stops. It makes $30 seem like a no-brainer. So stop reading, and go buy it!

No comments: