June 16, 2014

Funday Monday. Or something like that.


It's really hard to come back to work on a Monday after a weekend like we had. It's also hard because storms are coming in, and I can't even wear rings, my fingers are so puffed up. Ouch.

So C-man is in full World Cup fever, changing his jersey several times a day to most closely match the player or team he's rooting for at that time.

I made 4 jars of strawberry-rhubarb jam last night with some of the rhubarb I got from Grandma. I've never made that kind, and just used a recipe I found online. It's pretty darned delicious slathered on some nice Italian bread, if I do say so myself.

Today is C-man's first day at Discovery World camp. It's a week-long Lego camp. He's outgrown the Lego obsession, but I still think he'll enjoy it. At least I hope he does. It's the most expensive camp choice, and he's got it for an entire week!

Tomorrow is the last regular season baseball game. It's against the #2 team, which I'd really like them to play and win. The weather is supposed to be on and off storms all day, although not at game time. So we'll see what happens.

I keep thinking about Amelia's hive. I didn't find her, there were 3 queen cells, and they were angry. I wonder if something happened to her. I really wanted to take a week off, but am wondering if that's smart. Ugh. New hives weren't supposed to be this problematic.

No comments: