August 4, 2008

August Resolutions

We make New Years resolutions, so I figured, why not make August resolutions? This month's resolution is to stop complaining so much. So instead of complaining about not getting any sleep last night due to horrible back, rib, and pelvis pain and the noisy 4 a.m. storm which caused a full-on freakout by Harry who jumped into bed trembling and panting like a rabid dog for well over an hour this morning, I'm going to talk about how happy I am that the lawn, tomatoes and flowers got rain. Instead of complaining that everyone in my knitting group bailed on tonight, the one night in 2 months I've been able to make it, I'll talk about how happy I am to go home at a decent hour and be with my family. And instead of whining that my dill is getting eaten up by this guy, I'm going to point out that we're helping butterflies grow and prosper. See how positive I can be when I try?

No comments: