August 17, 2008

New Name, Muffins and $80

C-man was puttering around as usual, and I sternly said his last name. He responded with an of-course tone, "My name is C-man RISKE, Mom!" You see, he's now convinced he's an MLB pitcher. And don't try to convince him otherwise. ************** Yesterday, totally out of the blue, C-man said, "Mom, can we make muffins!" Sure. Well, now he's the muffin man. So I've broken out my King Arthur Flour cookbook and made some Sailor Jacks tonight. They're so good, with molasses, raisins, and oats. The best part is I can start sneaking in some vegetables while he's on this kick. Yippee! ************** On our way to Irish Fest yesterday, we stopped and got some stuff at the local grocery store. I paid with a $100 bill, and got $86 back. Well, I didn't check what I got back until I got into the car, because we were running late. To my surprise, I had gotten $166 back. She gave me the $80 twice. Since we were late, I called the store, told them what happened, and said I'd be back later to return it. I got an "Oh. Okay. Bye." No thank you, no "wow", no MGD ad cameras waiting for me. So, later in the day, Beerman returned to the store with the $80. They acted like he was nuts. I'd never keep an extra $80, but wow, after that experience it makes me rethink my desperate need to be on the up-and-up. So annoying.

No comments: