August 7, 2008

Quick - What's the Poison Control Number?

C-man has been on and off with the "Mommy, what's that sound?" and "My ears hurt" lately. So when he started waking up at night, I took him in on Tuesday. Well, the doctor pretty much said I was crazy, because he's fine. So, we get home, I turn on the tub and go get his toys while he goes to pee and take his clothes off. I get back in the bathroom, and there he is with a giant smile on his face, and an almost-empty bottle of Motrin in his hands. Holy shit-holy shit-oh my God-Beerman get in here-Our child just downed a bottle of Motrin like a Frat Boy to a kegger-What do we do-What's the Poison Control Number? I go to the phone to call Poison Control while Beerman talks to C-man about why he can't do that. So I hear C-man crying, saying "I don't want to be sick!" Thankfully, the Poison Control lady tells me he would have needed a whole bottle plus half of another to be toxic. Thank God. And to answer the question how did he get it? He needed some the night before. In my sleepiness, I gave it to him, and then put it on the bathroom counter. Apparently it wasn't clicked tightly closed. So you can award the Parent of the Year to me now, thank you very much. Move to Wednesday when my phone rings. It's his daycare teacher. C-man's miserable and can't nap because of his ears. What can we give him? I vaguely remember the Poison Control lady saying, "nothing for 48 hours to be safe," just before we hung up, so firmly securing Parent of the Year, I say, "How about some Tylenol?" So this time Beerman takes him to a different doctor, in hopes that the first was a giant quack. Guess what, this one said he's fine too. Argh!

No comments: