August 25, 2008

Short Bits

Re-entry I've got vacation hangover. You know, when it's time for an afternoon nap, but you can't because, well, your staff would notice you pulling a Kastanza under your desk and your boss would then reconsider the validity of the recent promotion you just got. Sigh... Re-entry blows. *********** Preschool and Cameras Today is C-man's first day of preschool. He was soooo excited to go. Beerman is home because Big Uncle R is coming to do the house and roof plans today, so he got to take C-man to his first day. My final shout out as I was leaving the house was, "Be sure to take a picture of his first day!" I got a call a couple of hours later. Beerman couldn't find the camera. Sigh. Use your cellphone then, damnit! I guess we'll be taking a second day of preschool picture on Wednesday. *********** Books I'm reading Beneath the Marble Sky and absolutely loving it. It's the love story behind the Taj Mahal. The author (John Shors) is coming to the Mequon Schwartz to read from his new book in 2 weeks. I think when I'm done with this one, I'll read the next one and see if I can go get it signed. I'm also reading As Good as It Got, and she's coming to the Shorewood store mid-month. If I like it, I'll try to see her too. *********** I have personal training tonight. The bad news is I have personal training tonight. The good news is I've gotten over a wall in that I can now do more reps of more weight than I ever could before, and people are starting to ask if I'm working out. So, that's my motivation. Vanity.

No comments: