August 15, 2008

Back to Work Friday

I was at a team retreat yesterday. A whole glorious day by the lakefront on one of the most perfect August days you can imagine. I had the pleasure of setting up a geocaching course for the team to accomplish. It took WAY more work than I had expected to set up 15 caches (I went a little overboard) and 2 people were WAY ornery (really, a beautiful day at the lake walking around and you're going to sulk because you're not winning? I found it hurt my feelings because I'd put so much work into it, but I'm getting over it now -- their loss), but for the most part people were really really happy with it. The good news is I think it's silencing those who make fun of me for geocaching. Today I had 3 people who ask how much a gps costs, and how easy it is to find caches in the "wild". It inspires me to go out for a few myself. Which is good, because today's my last day of work for 7 glorious days. Tomorrow's the Arthritis Walk to Irish Fest in the AM. I'm looking forward to getting this vacation started.

No comments: