August 29, 2008

Vroom-Vroom of the Long Weekend

It's the 105th Harley Anniversary this weekend. And the bikes are here. Awesome. It took me an hour and a half to get from work past Miller Park last night - typically a 20 minute ride - because Sugarland and Bon Jovi were playing for Harleyfest. Thousands of bikers were choosing to just take a break on their way. Which I'm fine with, except that means they were on the SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE! Some were WALKING across the INTERSTATE! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Since we live off the lake, we're in one of the direct "cruise" routes. Sigh. The boost to the economy is probably nice, but I could do without this. ******************* I'm looking forward to the long weekend. Beerman is sick. (Go figure, with this supposedly being THE week, and having to go to UW-Madison to get its new brewhouse going) C-man is tired and emotional from his first preschool week. And I always can use the extra time. Today's a half-day, so I'm going to try to play it low-key this afternoon. ******************* PS I really heart Obama. And I gotta say, after today's pick, I really heart McCain too. Really? A 44 year-old inexperienced governor from a nowhere state? I guess the Inuit vote was a critical one for the Republicans this year. HA! I twitch with excitement at her upcoming debate with Biden.

No comments: