September 12, 2010

Best days


Another shot of my sweet nephew, Sam.

This morning, C-man jumped into our bed to cuddle and chitchat.  It's often our weekend routine if he sleeps in. (If he doesn't sleep in, then the blessed routine is for Beerman to get up with him while I sleep in.)  During our chat, C-man proclaimed it to be "the best day of his life".  When I asked why, he gave me the following reasons:
  • He had a great sleep
  • He's the oldest he's ever been
  • It's Sunday
  • He was going to go to swimming lessons today with the best swimming instructor ever
  • He has a new nephew
This is a child who has pretty much every advantage available to him.  Yet in his 5 year old mind, those 5 things are enough to make this day amazing.

I overcomplicate things.  I overanalyze too much. I worry about everything. I think C-man's approach is way better.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Does he bottle some of that simplier approach? I'll take a case of it please.