September 17, 2010

Work in progress

Every time I start knitting something, C-man decides the next project is going to be for him.  And, of course, I always comply.  Mostly, because I'm a total sucker.  We don't always agree on what I should knit, though.  For example, this time, I said I'd make him a hat and mittens. He said he wanted a sweater.  Once I said okay to the sweater, he then wanted a robe.  We finally settled on the sweater after some debate. (Read: me saying there was no way in hell I was knitting him a robe).  This pattern is knitted top-down on Berroco Vintage Chunky, and I'm about 1/3 done. (Currently working on the left sleeve) It, much like me, is a work in progress.  We'll see if he wears it once it's done.

On a side note, I took it to my IV session the other day, which was nice to help pass the time. (All I need is those exercise pedals at my feet, and I'll officially be one of the people on hemodialysis I used to visit when I had that horrible job years ago.)  It always cracks me up when I bring out a project, because it never fails that someone approaches me about her inability to knit and asks me to show her how. So we have a date next week.  She's going to bring her yarn, and I'm going to teach her. Seems I've done this before...

2 comments:

Indigo said...

.... I was JUST about to ask to you to help me with my knitting because I suck at it. Wine & Knit? Doesn't that sound fun? Knit, purl, drink. :)

wineandroasts said...

1. Love the old school helmet on the bovine in the banner!
2. Love the seed stitch treatment on the cuff!
3. HATE to carry my knitting around town (much as I WANT to) because of the people who sit down and expect you to teach them to knit...in 10 minutes. Go take a class!