September 30, 2010

My shameless annual appeal

Now that I've got you smiling at the irresistable cuteness of my kid, I'm going in for the kill. (Don't say you weren't warned!)

Each year, I walk in the Jingle Bell Run/Walk benefiting the Arthritis Foundation.  It's my cause, because, well, I am a cause. Because just like 1 in 5 Americans, I have arthritis; psoriatic arthritis, to be exact.  It's an autoimmune disease with no cure that causes some pretty intense pain and overall body stiffness.  And I am now taking immunosuppressive medication, which requires 2 hour IV infusions in addition to weekly oral chemotherapy and steroids, because no amount of diet, exercise or supplements change it. (Have I got your sympathy yet?)

And so I'm walking, as I do each year, through the Milwaukee County Zoo on Sunday, Nomber 7th.  And you can now consider yourself officially invited to join my team (ARTHUR ITIS) and walk with me. (Register by 10/18 to get the cheaper rate).

Too busy to walk? Too far to come?  Then click HERE to donate.  Because after all, it'll make you feel good.

Don't want to do either?  Of course that's your choice.  Just know that I am not responsible if there are some Jedi mind tricks used against you when you least expect it.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

How long will you be accepting donations?

::mingle::