September 28, 2010

The good life

This week has pretty much sucked. And that's saying something when it's only Tuesday.  So I'm going to be more like my dog Harry today (no, I won't be eating any poo nor waiting expectantly for someone to rub my belly. Hell, I'm just happy if someone knows I exist these days.), and look at some things that are good about my life.
  • Tomorrow's infusion will give me 2 hours of time to knit the latest sweater I'm working on.
  • I am drinking Alterra Blue Heeler coffee right now.
  • Last night, my son wrote an apology note to his teacher for mouthing off to her at lunch. It ended with "Best Regards".
  • OPI just came out with a Swiss collection. I have From A to Zurich on my toes. (I might order the whole line totally on principle).
  • I found my kaiserschmarnn recipe and made it successfully.
  • I'm working from home tomorrow.
  • Someone from a place called "Butterworth" visited my blog.  (Do you think it's the land of pancakes?)
  • FEMA gave us $1090 for our flooding troubles. I don't know how in the world they came to that number, but it's $1090 more than I had last week.
  • I had a major breakthrough on a long-standing stand-off at work in my favor today.
  • The sun is shining.

3 comments:

Indigo said...

I can't see the sweater pattern :(
$1090? That's such an odd amount, but I'm glad you go something.

Snowcatcher said...

You know, I think I like that last one the best! Although your son ending a letter with "Best Regards" comes a real close second!!!

Hope the day and week improves...

SarahinSC said...

What a cutie dog! Hopefully your week perks up!