September 13, 2010

My life in bullets. Again.


I fully acknowledge that this is the absolute laziest way of blogging ever. But whatever. It's all I've got today.
  • The Craigslist saga: I've sold 2 car seats so far. One last night to a really sweet couple (She's Chilean, he's Scandinavian- not sure from exactly where, but he was blonde as could be, had an accent and his name was Odin, so I figure it's a pretty solid guess.) who are sending it back to Chile with her nephew next month. I supposedly have people coming for the tricycle, jogging stroller and sandbox. I say supposedly, because they both changed the pickup dates from today to later in the week.
  • I am very tired of those who don't know the difference between Bayside and Bayview and have to change their pickup times because of it. Honestly, this city isn't that big to screw the two up. Seriously, they're on opposite sides of the county!
  • I really hate hagglers. And stupid people. Both appear to be rampant on Craigslist. Case in point: A woman sends me an email asking me to call her about the bicycle.  I call her. This is what I get. Her: "Who is this?" Me: "You emailed about the bike ad and asked me to call you." Her: "Which bicycle?" Me: "The 12" Hotwheels one you asked for me to call you about." Her: "How much is it?" Me: thinking- didn't you reply to this ad? "Um, $25." Her: "Would you take $10?  Wait, what kind of bike was it again?"  Seriously.
  • I'm going to try to start selling off the baby clothes on ebay. I figure it's fewer people to deal with in person.  Plus, clothes ship more easily than exersaucers and jogging strollers.
  • I'm trying not to think of why I'm selling all this stuff, and focusing on the cash that's coming in instead.  Come on, plane ticket to my floating market in Bangkok!
  • Beerman keeps asking what we're going to do about paying for his ticket. I told him he can sell his own crap.  The brewing equipment he never uses should bring in a pretty penny, right?
  • I had a chiropractic appointment this morning. I hadn't been in ages. After all that car riding, it was reeeealy nice to be put on the magic stretching machine he's got. I heart my chiropractor even though I now kind of hurt.
  • I found out during the back to school night that another kid in C-man's class learned how to ride on 2 wheels, and C-man told him he could too. He can't. So last night while on a bike ride, I asked him if he wanted to learn to ride on 2 wheels so what he told the kid at school would be true. He's so freaked out I know he said it, he keeps asking me how I know. I think I'll torment him with it until he actually does learn.
  • It's been almost a year since we were in Europe at the best.party.ever. I really want to go back.  I'm really itching for a trip.  Who are we kidding? I'm always itching for a trip.
  • I'm now in a walking club at work. I still have no idea how in the heck that happened.  Anyhow, I'm supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day.  For someone who considers getting out of bed a daily victory, this is going to be interesting.
  • While in Target the other day, I came across the latest Gabriel Allon novel. I LOVE the Gabriel Allon series. How did I miss that a new one came out 6 weeks ago?  Anyhow, I'm halfway through, and it's fantastic.
  • I love Gabriel Allon and James Bond.  Apparently I have a thing for beautiful assassins with accents.
  • I went grocery shopping at my not-usual store yesterday.  In front of me was a very pregnant woman with a toddler paying for her food with public assistance money. I don't have an issue with that.  If you need it, that's what it's there for.  This woman, however, was carrying a Coach handbag and buying Diet Dr Pepper, Lucky Charms and Cheetos.  I had to remind myself a billion times to not judge, because you never know the circumstances.  When someone's carrying a more expensive handbag than you and having yet another child, though, it's a pretty tough sell.
  • I finished one sweater for Christmas (Come on, you know you love my lopsided creations, so aren't you positively thrilled it could be for you?) and am now knitting a sweater for C-man at his request.  This morning he told me I should knit him a robe.  Um, I don't think so, bucko.  This sweater is going to take me all month the way it is!
  • I had extra yarn leftover after sweater #1, like I always do. But do you know what I learned? The store is willing to TAKE IT BACK! (Yes, I always knew this, I'd just never done so, so was pretty proud of myself that I actually did it this time.)
  • It's not Friday yet.  I'd really like it to be Friday.

2 comments:

Tony Christian said...

I would be great if I could travel, or I should say we. All I was able to afford was a drive from Texas to Mo, then to Colorado and back home. Didn't really know what I was doing though, that is it wasn't well planned, so we didn't see as much as we should have. I entertained the kids though, but sooo much driving. Ahhh!
So you knit eh? My wife likes to croche. Makes a lot of pretty hats and scarves and such. And purses.

Snowcatcher said...

I'm with you. Why can't it be Friday instead of the other four days of the week? Why can't we have two weekends every week???

I smiled when I read you heart your chiropractor, even though you hurt right now. And I hope the rest of the week goes better...