September 16, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: My favorite books

Clouds over my house during sunset for no particular reason, other than I like them.

In no particular order, these are my top 13 books that I think about all the time:
  1. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein
  2. City of Thieves, David Benoit
  3. A Separate Peace, John Knowles
  4. Elegance of a Hedgehog, Muriel Barbury
  5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl
  6. Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War, Karl Marlantes
  7. Alchemist, Paulo Coelho (I prefer it in its original Portuguese)
  8. Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen
  9. The Help, Kathryn Sockett
  10. Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
  11. Gabriel Allon Series, Daniel Silva (I'm counting this as 1 big long story)
  12. The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak (I just finished this one, and it was amazing.  Time will tell if it sits in my top 13 list, though)
  13. Housekeeper and the Professor, Deckle Edge

3 comments:

jon said...

mingle******

My latest and greatest book lately has been "chiefs" by Stuart Wood.
My wife thought it was really good and we have very different taste in books.
Any book that we can agree that is a really good read is a good book,

Indigo said...

I have The Hobbit, it's a green leatherbound book that my uncle gave me when I was a kid. I have never finished it, but I've read the beginning at least a gabillion times.

Kwizgiver said...

There are a couple titles that are brand new to me--I've got to check them out!

What fun!

::mingle::