September 7, 2010

The random and the miscellaneous

C-man and Me
Eagle River, Wisconsin
  •  I posted a bunch of baby crap to Craigslist.  So far I've gotten a spammer and a mailbox full of hagglers. I will not consign it, because they give you a mere fraction of what it's worth.  And since I held on to it this long, I'm not just giving it away. But so far, I'm totally unimpressed with Craigslist.
  • I'm not looking to overprice my stuff in the least.  I am, however, hoping to sell enough stuff to buy one airline ticket to Thailand. Is that even possible? I do have a lot of stuff...
  • I do not like the weather turning fall-like. And I really don't like people telling me how great it is that it's getting colder. Fall means winter is coming.  And what's great about that? I hate winter.
  • At least winter will put an end to the Grecian sandals. Now if someone could just kill the skinny jean.
  • This weekend, Beerman and I watched a PBS Soundracks episode on Kazakhstan.  The writer of the Borat soundtrack was invited to compose an orchestra for the national orchestra of Kazakhstan. Fascinating.
  • C-man is supposed to start Spanish lessons later this month. I say "supposed to" because Nicolet High School flooded this summer, and they still aren't open for school. They haven't officially changed the dates yet, but I'm not banking on it happening.
  • C-man also wants to join the school chess club. (I know, it sounds pretty nerdy, but there's a pretty large contingent of kids in his school who do it, so I'm not totally afraid he's going to get beat up over recess because of it.) It's a lot of stuff for him to be in, but chess club meets during the time he'd normally be in extended care anyway, so it is more palatable.  Plus, how do you deny your kid wanting to learn how to play chess, of all things?
  • I signed myself up for a cake decorating class. Soon, I'll be able to check #95 off my list.
  •  Rosh Hashanah starts on Wednesday.  I'm not Jewish, but I'll be sure to eat apples and honey anyway.
  • Beerman is getting his retainer taken out today.  He's had it in for at least 20 years. Thankfully, he started going to my dentist, which is a way better decision than his dentist.
  • I saw Hot Tub Time Machine and thought it was hilarious.  Feel free to judge.
  • I've also seen all 6 Harry Potter movies multiple times in the past month. C-man is obsessed.
  • Thank God it's a short week. My attention span is already toast.

5 comments:

SarahinSC said...

What a beautiful and serene picture! Looks like so much fun!

I agree, what's good about winter? When you're in Milwaukee, nothing is good about winter, but when you're in SC, winter rocks!

Indigo said...

I've only used Craigslist a couple of times, only had success with it once. Have you tried listing on Milwaukee Moms? (I hate hagglers too, which is why I've just had my very last rummage)

I think chess club would be a great idea. I've wanted to get Zoe in one, but because her school gets out at 4 and the chess club is at our local library or the YMCA at like 3:45, it'll never work out.

I LOOOOOOOOVED Hot Tub Time Machine, it was hilarious!

Sunny said...

Don;t believe a word of it.
I am in South Carolina too and winter sucks here every bit as much as it sucks any place else.

Sunny from TMA

Kwizgiver said...

I'm another winter hater. But I do love autumn. :-)

I've got to see Hot Tub Time Machine!

::mingle::

jon said...

Mingle******
EWWWWW!
I didn't know there was a market for baby kaka on Craigs list.
Tell me how it goes. I might have an idea for selling something on ebay.